10 Things To Do After Relocating To A New City
Free at last! The backbreaking work of moving large furniture from one side of the house to other is finished. No more packed boxes line the house. It’s a great feelings of accomplishment. Enjoy your reprieve for a night as you’ve earned it. After giving yourself a day of rest it’s time to get back to work!
1. Get Connected to your New Neighborhood: Probably the most anxious part of moving is meeting your new neighbors. It’s essentially a crap shoot as they could be wonderful people that you will eventually trust and perhaps they will become a vital asset once you become settled in. Or possibly they could be the Neighbor from Hell. Regardless going out of your way and introducing yourself to the neighbors will go a long way as we know first impressions last a lifetime.
2. Update your address with the important contacts: Emergency contacts, banks, family members, and collectors must all be made aware of your address change. This can be a bit tedious, but you must make sure everything is in order as you would hate for some meaningless bill go into collections due to sheer negligence.
3. Register your vehicle: Go to dmv.org and get new tags, a license plate, and a registration card. If you don’t and you get pulled over you will be very sorry. You will most likely have to waste a day in court to appeal whichever fine may have been levied on you.
4. Re-register to vote in your new location: Follow https://www.eac.go. It’s important that you do this as states rules and regulations vary when it comes to establishing residency.
5. Find a doctor/dentist: Click here to find a Doctor or Dentist near you. Make sure to do a quick check of ratings as well.
6. Update your insurance: Compare Auto Insurance now! You would be surprised to see how much auto insurance can vary state-to-state, but it certainly make sure you get the best and most advantageous rate.
8. Get acquainted with your new city! Try new things: Go to new grocery stores. Check out urbanspoon.comand see which restaurants are the best in your area. Look up TripAdvisor and see which attractions are closest to you.
9. Review your moving company: Perhaps it was a pleasant experience perhaps it wasn’t. If you indeed had a bad experience make sure other people don’t make the same mistake that you did.
10. Schools: If you have children make sure to get them registered and set to go for school. Also make sure to check for sports leagues, clubs, or extracurricular activities to get them involved.
WRITTEN BY REALTY TIMES STAFF
Let us help you
Richmond Realty provides local community knowledge to our clients and delivers results that exceed expectations.